Saturday, February 25, 2006

It's ugly, but goooood

I was cleaning-ish my kitchen today and came across green onions in my fridge... "Hmmm, green onions?" I thought. "I bought those for a reason... but why?" And then I remembered! General Tao's Tofu Sauce! I got the recipe from VegWeb.com see recipe here
Before starting on the sauce, I'd started some lentil rice thingie with:
1 c rice
1/2 split white lentils
1 chopped tomato
about a teaspoon mixed spices (oregano, basil, sage, etc)
3 1/4 c water
Cook it like you would rice (bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, until cooked)
The rice and lentils make a complete protein....

So, anyways, I made the sauce (doubled the recipe cause I love it) putting more cornstarch in to make it thicker because last time it was really watery.
And it turned out UGLY! But it tastes so good. There it is on the lentil rice:

And there's the leftover sauce. Ugly, eh? But it spices up anything, rice, vegetables, lentils, tofu, etc...

No comments: